Monday, September 29, 2008

Back in the woods again!

Once again I will be heading for the hills. Another Backpacker project, another opportunity to test my limits. Just that this time it won't be the miles testing my fortitude, it will be the weather. At over 7500 feet in elevation, Yellowstone in October boasts an average high of 55 degrees and average lows of 30. In November it drops to 38 and 19 respectively. To put it in comparison, the lowest point in the park is higher than ANY point on the Appalachian Trail. Heck, even sitting on my couch here in Boulder puts me within 1200 feet of Clingsman's Dome and higher means colder.

For the next 5 weeks, be sure to check back here every Monday for musings and photos live from the field.

Be well and wish me luck,

Jeff Chow
BP Map Correspondent

No comments: